Friday 5 February 2010

Day 8

Well the dreaded quit day is getting closer and to be honest I feel I'm getting further away from turning it into reality.

Another very quiet day at the office only, today I smoked as if my quit method was to run the world dry of cigarettes. No particular reason just that when I thought, 'is it lunch time yet I'm dyeing for a cigarette', it was actually only 10.15 and that was pretty much the pattern of the rest of the day.

Today however also saw the doubling of the dose (sounds like some pompous British ceremony) and, with this evenings pill, a slight sickly feeling that was only relieved by farting and burping for about 15 minutes (not constantly you understand). Maybe all that dopamine that the nicotine used to release is now going to be expelled into the ozone via bodily eruptions. Maybe the depressive attacks associated with Champix are just the result of quitters loosing all their friends who are to polite to mention that they just cant stand the wind anymore. The psychotic episodes could just be the sheer frustration of constantly letting rip at the most inappropriate moments. If any of these theories are true they will be proved on this very page. If I ever give up that is.

So what is required now is a plan that facilitates at least a remote chance of stopping on Sunday. Here goes: Tomorrow, Saturday, I'm going to try to double the interval between every second cigarette. The way I plan it to work is like this: time between cigarette 1 and cigarette two equals 15 mins. Half an hour later I can have cigarette 3 and half an hour later number 4. Its an hour later till number five and a further hour till 6. Two hours till 7 and two hours till 8 etc. This may seem extremely complicated and, at first, not very testing however, it means by 11.15 tomorrow night I will only have had ten cigs all day if I wake around ten o'clock. It will also take you all day to figure out how I came up with this plan.

Can I just also point out to anyone considering Champix and reading this blog thinking....God this is too complicated. Most people just cut down a wee bit and quit. There's nothing on the box that says it has to be this complicated.

Only one more post and then it's quit day. Don't give up on this blog yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates