Friday 29 January 2010

Day 1

Hi There

I thought I'd add my own slant to the raft of stuff out there about Champix. Why? Well because I'm trying it because I knew someone that did well on it and they tried it because they knew folk that did well on it. Thing is when I look it up online it would appear that I should just hand myself in to the police or an assylum right now. So the aim of this blog will be to give a history of what it feels like, if it works and if that includes violence or suicidal tendancies I'll let you know.

I do not work for pfizer or any other drug company nor am I suddenly going to discredit champix and try to sell you some alternative therapy. Also I'm not a doc so any medical opinion I may express can be assumed to based on either ignorance or arrogance.

I would describe myself as quite a dedicated smoker having started at 11 and continued now pretty much uninterrupted for thirty years smoking between 30-40 a day. Here's the bit that I didnt tell the doc. I like smoking. If smoking was safe I wouldn't even consider quitting. If this works I'll miss smoking and all the aquaintances and genuine friends I've made standing out in the cold over the years. I'm only trying this cos I've got a deep rooted cough that I want to get rid of. They say that any non smoking drug will only work if you actually want to quit. Let's accept from the start that I only sort of want to quit so champix will have it's work cut out for it.

Anyway....Follow this post for an unbiased blow by blow account and let me know if it helps you.

I took pill number 1 at 10am this morning and then waited to suddenly feel sick as everyone describes. It's 11.30am now (three fags later) and nothing. Not sick, dizzy, tired or anything. No wonder folk get suicidal. Your supposed to be able to at least rely on the common side effects. If I have time later I'll post how I feel at the end of the day.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates