Saturday 30 January 2010

Day 2

Well, it doesn't look like anyone has even seen this blog yet. Tried opening it several times myself to see if I could improve the hit rate but, when I use a search engine I don't find my blog even when I use the exact terms. What chance does the big wide world have if I can't find it and I know where it is?

OK so now it's my top secret unread blog on quitting smoking with Champix.

It's probably just as well that the site's not exactly buzzing with traffic at the moment anyhow. I'm on day two of Champix and nothing has happened. Not even the boring side effects. Still have exactly the same urge to smoke as I had without Champix. Smoking doesn't taste any different. I haven't been wildly ill or tired, or even mildly ill or tired. As far as I can see the only difference between now and last Thursday (when I wasn't taking Champix) is that now I take Champix. If you discount the giving up smoking bit it's the easiest quit regime I've ever tried.

It plays with your brain this stuff because, now I'm getting paranoid about not having any side effects and paranoia is a possible side effect. I was off work yesterday so stayed in most of the day. When I went out about five at night I felt slightly fuzzy for about 5 seconds when the fresh air hit. Could that be Champix? Could it be sitting in my office chain smoking and then suddenly discovering air? Who knows?

I bought a bottle of red wine and thought....does this wine taste funny? Since it was a brand that I've never tried before it's really pretty difficult to assess.

Now we come to the dreaming part. It's not that I don't dream but I never remember them in the morning. If I do remember a tiny bit and try to recall the rest then the tiny bit I had just runs away from me leaving me with nothing. I've been like that since I was a teenager except!!!!! The one time I tried to give up smoking with nicotine patches. Dreams like never before. Interrupted my sleep and freaked me out. Now I've only had one sleep since Champix and haven't had a dream yet but, if there's any side effect that's bound to happen when the drug takes hold, that's the one to watch for.

That's probably enough for now considering nothings happened. If you do discover this space then do me a favour and post a comment just so I know that the World Wide Web is still out there.

Cheers. More exciting drama from the world of quitting tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. I have seen it.
    Day 1 for me. I feel tired 3 hours after taking first pill. Might be my head playing games with me...Been reading to much about the side effects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Day 1 for me & I am absolutely exhausted. Just trying to finish up the day at work. Also feeling really fuzzy brain wise & tingly all over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just discovered your blog. I'm on Day 1 and I'm laughin'! You are very funny! I'm going to read every day you have posted because I'm starting Champix tomorrow morning. ;)

    ReplyDelete

 

blogger templates