Sunday 31 January 2010

Day 3 Experiment

What can I say folks? We're into tablet three and nothing seems to be happening.

Stayed up very late last night so slept very late this morning. Know I had some kind of dream that seemed important at the time but can't remember any of it to tell you now.

Since I appear to have absolutely no reaction I think it's time for a wee experiment. Nothing dramatic but a wee test to see if the drug is having any impact.

When I'm not working I tend to chain smoke. I probably have about one ciggy every half hour. I know however that at work I can last between an hour and a half and two hours between smokes. So what I'm going to try today is to go for two hours between two smokes to see what it feels like. I know that two hours should be long enough for my cravings to kick in several times and Champix is supposed to reduce and eventually kill those cravings. From what I've read elsewhere the cravings do happen but are easy to ignore. This should give me some clue whether Champix is achieving anything in the background.

Tomorrow sees the dose doubled to 0.5mg day and night. Tomorrow is also my first day back in the real world rather than sitting at home so that might be interesting.

If you're reading this and thinking.... I thought this was about giving up smoking....keep the faith...it will be

Cheers

1 comment:

  1. Good luck. Know a couple of people who have stopped successfully using Champix and didn't seem to experience any side effects apart from a feeling of satisfaction that they had finally beaten their habit.

    ReplyDelete

 

blogger templates