Thursday 4 February 2010

Day 7

First things first. Thanks to Jamie T for leaving a comment on day six. You may be wondering why I didn't acknowledge the comment on day three but that's because it was by my mum and I texted to thank her for that one. But hey this ones from a genuine stranger. I feel like I've hit the big time. Now, having found the site, if you could just do as all the best emails say and send a link to everyone in your inbox (even the spammers)I'm certain that good luck will come to you and all your contacts who do the same. It's a big Euro millions jackpot tomorrow. Don't miss out.

Today I found myself in the dubious position of having nothing to do but having to be at work to do it. Believe it or not I'm not a major skiver, in fact I've been pretty non stop for the last year and a bit, but two major projects have just come to an end and the next one hasn't kicked off yet. Now you might think having some down time is a bit of a result but it doesn't really help with the non smoking. When I'm bored I tend to smoke more. So I'm going to count today as a mini triumph. Why? Well not only did I not smoke more but, smoke for smoke, I think I actually smoked less.

Before anyone gets too excited we are only talking about maybe five less than any other day but that's still good in my book. I also emailed my stop smoking Champix guru. A guy I've been working with who has successfully quit (almost against his own will) using Champix. I explained that I didn't feel any less of a smoker and asked when he finally felt it was making a difference. He said that he continued smoking till day 14 (the end of the first prescription) but that he just stopped completely on day 15 and hasn't smoked now for nearly six weeks. I'm glad Champix makes him feel queezy twice a day. No one likes a smug git. Any how it makes it more important than ever that I stop on day ten (this Sunday) so that I can feel morally superior.

As of tomorrow morning we take it to the next level. The dose doubles up to two 1mg tablets per day. Stopping smoking doesn't get any more extreme than this. Stay hooked.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates