Sunday 28 February 2010

Day 30

Hi folks. Not got much to tell you today. I've had a lovely quiet day with almost nothing whatsoever to do and I've loved it.

From a smoking point of view, there's been a couple of cravings but nothing too intrusive so I've tried to carry on as if not smoking is normal. I'm still clearing my throat a lot which is bugging me. Also this morning and throughout the day I've noticed that three new spots are growing on my face. What's that about? Is this some hidden side effect of Champix? Is this part of nicotine withdrawal? It's fair to say that I haven't been prone to spots since I was a teenager but when I do get them they tend to be huge. I'm going to try to ignore them and just hope they'll go away.

Someone also asked me yesterday if drinking made any difference. It was one of those weird part time smokers who only smoked in the pub. Now I'm going to be careful what I say here. On the pamphlet that comes with the tablets it simply says that Champix has not been tested with drink. That in itself is a bit of a surprise as I believe that there is a proven correlation between drinking and smoking although I may have made that up. You'll have to do your own research on that one I'm afraid. The fact is that my drinking habits have not changed at all in the last thirty days from what they were before and I've noticed absolutely no difference from taking Champix. As I pointed out to my wife when she mentioned the cost of my alcohol consumption, one thing at a time. Lets deal with the cigs and then I'll deal with the drink. A person can be too healthy you know. So from my experience Champix and drink go almost as well as cigarettes and drink. What's more you don't have to leave the pub with Champix.

Off to bed now but I'll update you on the excitement that is not smoking tomorrow.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates