Wednesday 3 February 2010

Day 6

From the "whats Champix going to do to me" point of view today was a non event. Beginning to wonder if I may be the first person ever to be completely immune.

Didn't have to get up early as I was travelling home. When I did get up though I didn't smoke straight away. One Nil to Champix. Problem is when I got in the car with nothing to do I smoked exactly as much if not more than normal. This is worrying because it's day six and I've not really cut down. My stop day is day ten. If I don't stop on day ten then I'll need to reprogram the counter on the web page and that's not an option.

On the plus side the day after tomorrow see the dose of Champix double again so there is hope.

Today also saw a major milestone. Today I purchased what may well be the last 50g pack of tobacco that I ever buy. My hope is that there's a wee bit left by Sunday to leave me a comfort zone should the Champix not do it's job but, technically, this could be my last smoking expense.

If you are thinking of taking Champix and find this blog. Do not despair about my lack of success. The packaging allows till day 14 to quit so maybe some of us are more resistant than others. There's also a part of me that thinks that I'm smoking more out of habit than through the usual nagging urge.

Habits can break. Addiction is what I need help with.

1 comment:

  1. You are funny man! will be keeping an eye on you to see how you get on!

    Don't give up as yet, that would deprive me the fun of reading about your epic struggle with the cigs!

    Hang in there!
    Jamie T

    ReplyDelete

 

blogger templates