Wednesday 24 February 2010

Day 26

There should be exceptions allowed with any give up smoking treatment. These exceptions should include: Extreme boredom, Extreme stupidity (both your own and other peoples), Extreme provocation and extreme irritation. If you smoke under any of these circumstances it should not count and should do your health absolutely no harm. I'm certain that's what they were after when they invented smoking back in the day. I'm sure that they actually suggested that smoking should be mandatory under such circumstances.

Today I should have smoked many. One for the guy that pulled a last second emergency right turn with no signal, one for the fact that I had almost nothing to do all day, one for the fact that I'm still recovering files after a weekend and especially one for the fact that I decided 'Screw it I'm going for a beer and I'll have a smoke whilst I'm at it' only for my wife to come home as I was walking out and decide to join me. Never has a cigarette come so close to being torched and yet escaped so easily.

Yep folks it's day whatever and folk are even beginning to become impressed with the 'almost two weeks line'. It's like they were waiting for me to crack during the first week but now think I might be going to make it. Me? I'm still waiting for me to crack.

In my mind I've not given up. It's as if I was due to go for a smoke at 10am but someones asked me to hold off till half past. I can do it. I'm not strung out about it but I'm focused on the clock waiting for half past. That's the best way to describe my Champix effect. I'm ready to smoke now but can wait for half an hour if needs be. But I'm ready to smoke now.

Fortunately the next two days are relatively busy so things should calm down a bit. Right now....I'd kill for a smoke

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates