Saturday 13 February 2010

Day 16

Well it's now just 19 minutes till the clock shows my time stopped at 48 hours. That's a minor miracle for Champix but I have to say it still isn't being as easy as everyone makes out.

Most of the time I'm fine and if I do get an urge to smoke I can ignore it till it passes but, every so often, my brain mounts the kind of assault that would usually only affect smokers going cold turkey. It's disappointing in a way because it was doing so well at helping me cut down that I was beginning to think quitting might be a breeze. Maybe for the hopeless cases like myself they should up the initiation pack to three weeks.

Anyhow enough moaning. Two weeks ago I would have struggled to go two hours without a cig and now it's been two days. It's bound to get easier as the days pass. I'm also going to have to find myself something to do. When I'm occupied it nags less. It's also fair to say that I'm not the moody basket case that I was six or seven years ago when I had a go with patches. (at least I don't think I am)

Back at the start of this I said that if I get any side effect from the Champix it will probably be the dreams. Well it is having some effect but nothing major yet. I know that I'm having dreams (this is unusual for me) but they are nowhere near the cinematic experiences that other users have had nor am I able to accurately recall them the next day. All in all it would appear that Champix is doing a pretty sterling job but, if your thinking of taking the plunge, expect it to take at least a wee bit of willpower from yourself. I should probably have tried harder to cut down earlier but, no matter, we are still on target for the quit of the century.

You'd be surprised how many people, even the avid anti-smokers, seem genuinely concerned about the fact that I'm giving this a try. It would appear that some people are just meant to be smokers and that most people see me a s being that person. The next ten weeks might prove them wrong. Watch this space....

1 comment:

  1. Hello I've been reading your blog. You seem to be on the road to recovery now. On day 12 you were still having 11 cigarettes and now 4 days later none! Thats pretty awesome.
    I'm on day 13 and officially quit on Day 10, but days 8 and 9 were like 2 cigarettes all day. I was on about 15 a day before and very chesty and generally feeling unwell.
    I had a couple of weak minded drags of a roll up ciggy yesterday and I honestly felt as sick as I did the first time I ever smoked at age 11 !

    Also in the 1st week of taking the tablets, when they do encourage you to smoke as normal I actually threw up after smoking! Day 4 it was.

    I only notice that I haven't smoked . I can't say I get cravings . Unlike when I used patches and was just totally conscious and stress out at the fact that I wasn't smoking?!

    I'll book mark your blog . I want to see how you get on . I wish you all the luck in the world with it. Everyone deserves to be free of the evil weed...

    Kerry

    ReplyDelete

 

blogger templates