Friday 12 February 2010

Day 15

Hey folks. It's 23.50 and I have been awake since 07.20. I haven't smoked a single cigarette since midnight last night.

I hope that you are all astonishingly pleased with me but, to be honest, I'm a bit underwhelmed at the moment myself. Why? Because it was a bit tougher than I thought and, to be honest, I could murder one just now. The idea of the magic Champix was that it gave up whilst I remained blissfully unaware. That would be excellent and I'm sure some of you have a vested interest in me telling you that it will happen. It wont.

Sorry but today has been a bit of a trial despite all my previous good work. Probably, in my head, I thought I've cut down enough to make this easy, but really my head just decided that it was being denied it's rightful fix. Things got particularly tough around 11 o'clock despite the fact that I haven't smoked at that time for three days. I used coffee to sideline my brain but it didn't really work. Again when I got home at 5pm my brain kicked in and said 'go on just the one'. And at the moment it's not much better.

So, I reckon I've passed day one. Day 2,3 etc will be better I hope but for anyone hoping that Champix is the magic cure, I don't think it is

Can this really be true? Is this really a story about quitting?

Stay hooked.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates