Sunday 7 February 2010

Day 10

Funny how things can change as the day goes on. Between 10 oclock and 2 oclock yesterday I had already had 9 cigarettes. Between then and 2am when I finally dragged myself up to bed I had only had another 9. Ridiculously enough I went from 5.30pm to 10.30 pm without a single cig or any real pain. Have to admit that I dozed off between 6.30 and 7.30 so don't know if you can count that hour but still pretty good going.

Today I got up at 10 but didn't smoke a cig till 12. Unfortunately after that I had another at 1pm but I really do feel like I'm getting somewhere. Between now and Thursday I need to concentrate on cutting down more and more drastically. If I could get to less than ten a day before Thursday then we're in with a really good shout.

The good news is that there are still remarkably few side effects. I think the main task for me is to work on the morning smoking and also the last thing at night. Champix doesn't seem to actually kill the trigger that says 'have a smoke' however it does seem to make it easier to say no.

I'm keeping a note of the times that I smoke each cigarette so that I can establish where my main focus needs to be. Fortunately it looks like work is going to pick up again this week so that will take my mind off it for a bit.

Keep watching. I might not be a text book case for Champix but I may still be a success story
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates