Sunday 6 June 2010

Non Smoking

First things first. Thanks to John for the comment on last weeks post. Everyone has been pretty quiet for the last few weeks so it's much appreciated when someone takes the time to leave a note. That said.... John may be a wee bit keener on Chantix/Champix than is necessary unless of course you work for the company.

My non smoking came up as a subject with my colleagues this week. Why did you give up? Do you feel the difference?, Do you miss it? etc. I'm afraid that, as non smoking goes, I just don't fit the mold that everyone wants me to fit. Maybe I somehow didn't smoke properly because:

-I don't feel massively healthier despite cutting out a forty plus a day habit
-I have no sudden urge to exercise
-Food always tasted this good
-I don't hate smokers

Things that have changed since I stopped are:

-The cough went almost instantly. Good riddance
-If needed I can get up and go. Prefer not to but I actually can as opposed to needing to smoke first.
-Already there have been times when I'm happy I don't have to go outside. There have also been times when I wish I could go out.

So why did I quit? Health. People knew me by my cough. At the caravan I was that guy that smoked out the door. At work I was the smoker that you either compared yourself to, i.e. I'm not as bad as him, or the smoker you used as an example.

If someone came up with a healthy cig I'd smoke it tomorrow. Maybe that's where the tobacco company's went wrong. They tried to defend what they had instead of investigating an alternative. Anyway it's all good now. I don't smoke which is a pretty incredible statement if you know me. I was the Marlboro man. For some I made smoking ok, whilst for others I was an excuse. Giving up has confused a lot of smokers and non smokers alike. For me....Giving up has just made me spotty.

So what about the other guys? Zoe, Poet Kath.... what's happened to those blogs?

Stay hooked...

t

1 comment:

  1. hi tq. updated tonight. we are gonna try greensmoke. champix had to be stopped. take care of you, and glad you are still quit. we are never gonna quit quittin, we'll keep trying new plans. :)

    ReplyDelete

 

blogger templates