Sunday 11 April 2010

Day 72

OK so I've got a blog that, even within one week, reaches across the globe. If I could just reach people from Russia and China I would have an audience from every major land mass on earth. 55 pages of advice and info on giving up with champix not to mention links with Allen Carr and 5 permanent followers (although poet is now following twice). How irritating is it then that a search for 'trying to quit smoking with champix' brings up a link to 'has anyone ever tried champix?' before my site? How the hell does that work?

After a pretty rough winter, one where even the older folk were admitting that it was worse than what they grew up with, today the sun shone and the temperature got up. Only one week ago we were screaming about snow at Easter and yet today I was out in a t shirt. The next few weeks are going to be all about nursing the plants and trees out of the snow damage and into the spring and summer. Love it. Only thing is it used to be great to do a bit of grass cutting and then stop for a smoke to review what you've done. It seems somehow less rewarding when you don't get a smoke at the end.

In just a few hours Poet and Kath will wake up to the world of non smoking. Guys I wish you all the best. It's worth pointing out that most people seem to find it a bit easier than I do. I'm really looking forward to hearing a success story from you guys. Look at Jason who got in touch yesterday. He only waited 8 days to stop but is now 5 days off the cigs. That's pretty impressive in any ones book.

So this is it folks. The sun is coming out and this year I'll not be the pale smoker that I always was. This will be the first year in living memory that I don't need several cigs and an hours worth of coughing to clear my lungs sufficiently to go about the day. I'm looking forward to it.

As always..If anything comes up I'll update you but otherwise I'll speak to you all next weekend.

It's a great week to be a non smoker.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates