Sunday 18 April 2010

Day 79

According to the counter it's 65 days quit.

If you want to get stroppy and hold that one against me on day 27 it's 53 days quit. That's two months in any ones book. That's a guy who in January was chain smoking 40 a day who now doesn't smoke. Anyone who has spent time with me will tell you that's not possible. I didn't even want to quit. Go read day 1. For me smoking doesn't go away it just gets easier to ignore. The advantages outweigh the disadvantages.

This weekend I was looking out to the Irish sea in the setting sun thinking that I would love to have spent that sunset with a cig. I would have it's true. I missed that beautiful peaceful cig as the sun went down that told me that all was well with the world. Especially in the quiet of the evening. Apparently the sunset was even redder with the Icelandic volcanic ash. I feel sorry for those who have never smoked as they have no idea what I'm talking about and probably never will.

The 'never have smoked' will also have completely missed out on the joys of a rasping cough every day or the joy that is knowing you're ill but not wanting to raise it as you're symptoms match those of a smoker so will be ignored. Yep, never having smoked means you've missed out on so much.

For every smoke I miss, and there are a couple I'd pay to get back, there's 100s that were just cigarettes. I could describe moments where even non smokers would want to smoke but, what's the point? As recently as two months ago I was dying of a self inflicted poison. I'm not now.

When I got home tonight I went for a beer in the pub. The bar maid was talking to a punter about giving up. I listened to patches versus Carr and cheered them both on. Who cares what works? Just as long as something does.

In middle Ireland there's a rush on red bull according to Zoe. Caffeine's not all bad you know. I'm with you're sister however in that coffee is the best way to take caffeine. 100 Coffees may give you a heart attack (need proof of this)but missing just one in the morning can have the same result.

In the past two weeks this site has been accessed nearly 300 times according to my stalking software. I'm truly global in that we have visits from UK, US, Canada, Australia, Ireland, Finland, India and Russia (Finland, India and Russia didn't really hang around but they were here).

Poet and K! Think you guys have to get tough on yourselves this week though you're doing pretty well. Don't know how it came about but my wife has a saying... Some days you eat the bears, Some days the bears eat you. Next week guys...Eat those bears

Quittin smoking is just so 2010. Don't miss out.

Sorry it's a short post but I'm just back. I'll update during the week.

Stay hooked.

T

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates